Thank you for purchasing our theme.
- Theme Name: Magnoblog for WordPress
- Theme Author: KosmosLabs
- Theme Version: 1.1
- Creation Date: 01/12/2016
- Last Update: 19/01/2017
Magnoblog is a simple, clean and responsive WordPress theme, with a minimalistic layout that focuses on simplicity and readability. suited for any creative websites and blogs.
This documentation covers the installation and the usage of all available features and options of Magnoblog.
To install "Magnoblog" you must have a working version of Wordpress already installed. if you are new to WordPress, you can find useful information in the official WordPress Codex:
- WordPress Download: http://wordpress.org
- Installing WordPress: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
- First Steps With WordPress: http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress
- WordPress FAQs: http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_New_To_WordPress
Now that you’ve downloaded the "magnoblog" theme there are two ways you can install the theme.
Installation via Wordpress Admin Panel:
- Log to admin dashboard.
- Browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click Add New button.
- In next page find and click "upload theme"
- Browse your computer to select "magnoblog.zip".
- Finaly Click "Install Now" button
Installation via Ftp client:
- Extract "magnoblog.zip" file on your computer.
- Connect to your server via Ftp client software (e.g.,FileZilla).
- upload only extracted magnoblog folder to "/wp-content/themes/" folder on your server.
- Log to admin dashboard.
- Browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Activate the theme by hitting the correspondent "Activate" button.
Install Bundled Plugins:
Magnoblog come with some included plugins that give you more complete package. you should see a warning after theme activation that instructs you to install them. Simply click on "Begin Installing Plugins", and you will be taken to a list of the available plugins.
Import Demo Data:
Sample data can be helpful to see how the theme works as well as speed up settings, however We do not recommend this if you have existing content in your WordPress installation.
- Log into your dashboard and navigate to Tools > Import, and choose the ‘WordPress importer.
- Upload your demo content .xml file.
- After you have initiated the demo content upload, you will be asked to assign or create a new author for your demo content — this is your choice. You will also be given a checkbox option to ‘Import File Attachments. Please do not check this box as the images in the demo are not licensed for distribution.
- Once imported successfully, navigate to Appearance > Customizer and configure your content
To customize how your website looks, including its layout, colors and more, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize
- Main Color: The color used in the most of links, buttons, and other elements, also used in "Sticky menu" and "Mobile menu".
- Sidebar Layout: There are three options: Left sidebar, Right sidebar, or Without sidebar(full width).
- Flat Design: Flat design is a style of interface design emphasizing minimum use of stylistic elements that give the illusion of three dimensions (such as the use of drop shadows, gradients or textures).
- Sticky Menu: The menu scrolls with the page, then sticks to the top once it reaches the top of the window.
- Disable Responsive? magnoblog is responsive, meaning the theme dynamically adapts to fit the size of the screen. This is helpful when viewing the theme on a smartphone or tablet.
- Enable loader icon Display a loading icon until the homepage loads completely.
- Logo: You can upload a logo image to appear in place of your site title.
- Site Title: Site title if no logo image has been is uploaded.
- Site Title Color: Select color scheme you like for your site tile.
- Logo Position: You can place your logo in 2 positions, left or center position.
- Logo top margin: Set logo top margin.
- Logo bottom margin: Set logo bottom margin.
- Sticky menu: You can show your site logo in sticky meny.
- Logo max height: Set max height for you logo in sticky menu.
- Site Icon: The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512px wide and tall.
- Body text color: Use the color picker to define a background color.
- Body font family: The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512px wide and tall.
- Body font size: The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512px wide and tall.
- Title font family: The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512px wide and tall.
- Title font weight: The Site Icon is used as a browser and app icon for your site. Icons must be square, and at least 512px wide and tall.
Enter your social media full URL to your profile. Icons will not show if left blank.
- Hide search icon: Check this to hide header search icon.
- Social icon color: Select color scheme you like for social icons.
- Social icon background: Select color scheme you like for social icons background.
A home page is generally the initial or main web page of a website, and may also serve as a landing page to attract the attention of visitors.
Header Slider Settings:
- Hide header slider? When header slider is unwanted, "Hide header slider" can help you to hide this section so that it disappears in the homepage.
- Slider background color: If you would simply like to use a solid color background for your slide, use the color picker to define a background color.
- Slider text color: Select color scheme you like for slider text.
- Current header: If defined, this image will be used as the background for haeder slider. To remove a background image, simply use "Hide mage" button.
- Slider style: You can choose between 3 different types of header sliders, only text, with circular or square image.
Layouts: You can choose between four different layouts.
- Classic Blog (full post): Show large image with full post below.
- Classic Blog (excerpt): Show large image with excerpt of post's text below.
- Post List: To display a list of posts with thumbnails.
- Grid Layout: To display a grid of posts with thumbnails.
- Modern Style: Display post's title and category over large post thumbnail.
- Hide social share icons? Hide social icons below posts.
Featured Slider Settings:
- Featured slider: You can choose to display big, small or hide featured slider.
- Featured slider animation: Controls the animation type, "fade" or "slide".
- Featured slider category: All the post under this category will appear as a slider.
- Amount of slides: Define the number of slides (posts) that you wish to display.
- Hide page share? Hide social share icons.
In this section you can configure the widget by typing a relevant title, inserting your Instagram username, picking the number and size of photos displayed, and choosing the target window.
In this section you can upload your logo in site footer and use colorpicker for background color.
Copyright content can be managed through this customizer section, update the text in the left and right copyright text to the text you desire.
If you need to make some changes or override some default styling of the theme, edit this part. The following css code will add to the header before the closing </head> tag. (The custom css is for the css advanced users.If you’ve some knowledge about CSS then you can add custom CSS to change the styling where you want to.
In these sections you can set the color by clicking on the “Select Color” button next to each setting respectively.Main menu background color: valide only if you choose "Logo Position: Center" in Customizer > "Site Logo & Icon" or in Tablet resolution when logo is centred below Menu.
WordPress includes an easy to use mechanism for introducing customised navigation menus into a theme.
For more information, please see "Menu" section.
Posts are entries that display in reverse order on your home page. Posts usually have comments fields beneath them and are included in your site's RSS feed.
To add new post, log in to your WordPress installation with sufficient admin privileges to create new articles. locate the Posts menu in the left-hand side of the WordPress Dashboard and click the Add New link to begin writing a new Post. You can either hover over the Posts link or click to expand it to reveal the submenu.
Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
A Post Format is a piece of meta information that can be used by a theme to customize its presentation of a post. Magnoblog has built-in functionality for all wordpress standard post formats ( image, audio video... ). Select the Post format as desired.
Magnoblog - Post Options:
Magnoblog offers many different options for you to present your blog posts, for each post you can choose to use video, audio, slider, show related posts and much more! See the screenshot below to see how it works
- Header slide? Check this option to show post in website header.
- Exclude post? Once checked, post will be removed from site feeds and widgets, but it will be available in site header if "Header slide" option is checked.
- Video: Check "Video" post in the Format tab and enter video Oembed url into Video field, magnoblog support Youtube, Vimeo and Dailymotion video.
- Audio: Check "Audio" post in the Format tab and past here your audio file url or soundcloud url.
- Slider Images: Ckeck "Gallery" post in the Format tab and pick up more than one image for your post slider.
- Disable posts share: Check this to hide social media icons.
- Disable author gravatar: Check this to hide social media icons.
- Disable Next post and prev post links: Hide links to next and previous posts.
- Disable author info box:Hide information about the post author with links to their website and social profiles.
- Disable Related posts: Check this to hide related posts (by category).
Widgets in WordPress allow you to add content and features in the widgetized areas of your theme. Examples are the default widgets that come with WordPress; for Categories, Tag cloud, Search, etc.
Widgets require no code experience or expertise. They can be added, removed, and rearranged on the Theme Customizer or Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Screens.
Magnoblog Custom Widgets:
Magnoblog comes pre-packaged with a variety of custom Widgets that add content and features to your Sidebar.
Please see the list below:
- About Widget
- Audio Widget
- Soundcloud Widget
- Video Widget
- Slider Widget
- Post List Widget
- One Post Widget
- Advertisement Widget
- WP Instagram Widget