Thank you for purchasing our theme.
- Theme Name: Yasmine for WordPress
- Theme Author: KosmosLabs
- Theme Version: 1.0
- Creation Date: 01/03/2017
- Last Update: 01/03/2017
Yasmine is a simple, clean and responsive WordPress theme, with a minimalistic layout that focuses on simplicity and readability. suited for any creative websites and blogs.
This documentation covers the installation and the usage of all available features and options of Yasmine.
To install "Yasmine" you must have a working version of Wordpress already installed. if you are new to WordPress, you can find useful information in the official WordPress Codex:
- WordPress Download: http://wordpress.org
- Installing WordPress: http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress
- First Steps With WordPress: http://codex.wordpress.org/First_Steps_With_WordPress
- WordPress FAQs: http://codex.wordpress.org/FAQ_New_To_WordPress
Now that you’ve downloaded the "Yasmine" theme there are two ways you can install the theme.
Installation via Wordpress Admin Panel:
- Log to admin dashboard.
- Browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click Add New button.
- In next page find and click "upload theme"
- Browse your computer to select "Yasmine.zip".
- Finaly Click "Install Now" button
Installation via Ftp client:
- Extract "Yasmine.zip" file on your computer.
- Connect to your server via Ftp client software (e.g.,FileZilla).
- upload only extracted Yasmine folder to "/wp-content/themes/" folder on your server.
- Log to admin dashboard.
- Browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Activate the theme by hitting the correspondent "Activate" button.
Install Bundled Plugins:
Yasmine come with some included plugins that give you more complete package. you should see a warning after theme activation that instructs you to install them. Simply click on "Begin Installing Plugins", and you will be taken to a list of the available plugins.
Import Demo Data:
Sample data can be helpful to see how the theme works as well as speed up settings, however We do not recommend this if you have existing content in your WordPress installation.
- Log into your dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Import Demo Data, select a demo and click the “Import” button and wait, it can take a few minutes.
Video: Theme Installation
Please see this short video tutorial to know how to install and configure Yasmine Theme:
To customize how your website looks, including its layout, colors and more, navigate to WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Customize
Please see this short video tutorial to configure website homepage:
Featured Boxes Settings:
How to setup MailChimp?
To setup your Mailchimp sign-up form, please do following steps: First of all, you need to set up your mailchimp, please read this guide to know how to set up Mailchimp for WordPress: https://connect.mailchimp.com/how-to/128 When you create your form, please copy and past following mark-up:
<input type="email" class="mcp-email" name="EMAIL" placeholder="Your email address" required />
<input type="submit" class="mcp-submit" value="SUBSCRIBE" />
Note: To customize text and colors please go to admin > Appearance > Customize > Footer Settings > Mailchimp Subscribe
To use Portfolio function, you need to make sure you have the Kosmoslabs Portfolio plugin activated.
To add new portfolio, log in to your WordPress installation with sufficient admin privileges to create new articles. locate the Portfolio menu in the left-hand side of the WordPress Dashboard and click the Add New link to adding new Portfolio.
Next, add the [portfolio] shortcode to a post or page.
Please see this short video tutorial to know how to config your portfolio:
Posts are entries that display in reverse order on your home page. Posts usually have comments fields beneath them and are included in your site's RSS feed.
To add new post, log in to your WordPress installation with sufficient admin privileges to create new articles. locate the Posts menu in the left-hand side of the WordPress Dashboard and click the Add New link to begin writing a new Post. You can either hover over the Posts link or click to expand it to reveal the submenu.
Start filling in the blanks: enter your post title in the upper field, and enter your post body content in the main post editing box below it.
A Post Format is a piece of meta information that can be used by a theme to customize its presentation of a post. Yasmine has built-in functionality for all wordpress standard post formats ( image, audio video... ). Select the Post format as desired.
Yasmine - Post Options:
Yasmine offers many different options for you to present your blog posts, for each post you can choose to use video, audio, slider, show related posts and much more! See the screenshot below to see how it works
- Post layout: Choose layout for this post.
- Featured image style: Choose featured image style.
- Video: Check "Video" post in the Format tab and enter video Oembed url into Video field, Yasmine support Youtube, Vimeo and Dailymotion video.
- Audio: Check "Audio" post in the Format tab and past here your audio file url or soundcloud url.
- Slider Images: Ckeck "Gallery" post in the Format tab and pick up more than one image for your post slider.
- Justified Gallery? Ckeck it to show justified gallery instead of slideshow.
- Featured Post: Ckeck this to make this post featured.
- Posts share: Check this to hide social media icons.
- Posts tags: Check this to hide social post tags.
- Previous Post/Next Post: Hide links to next and previous posts.
- Author info box:Hide information about the post author with links to their website and social profiles.
- Related posts: Check this to hide related posts (by category).
- Amount of related posts: Amount of related posts, leave it blank to show all.
Widgets in WordPress allow you to add content and features in the widgetized areas of your theme. Examples are the default widgets that come with WordPress; for Categories, Tag cloud, Search, etc.
Widgets require no code experience or expertise. They can be added, removed, and rearranged on the Theme Customizer or Appearance > Widgets in the WordPress Administration Screens.
Yasmine Custom Widgets:
Yasmine comes pre-packaged with a variety of custom Widgets that add content and features to your Sidebar.
Please see the list below:
- About Widget
- Youtube About Widget
- Facebook Widget
- Social icons Widget
- Audio Widget
- Soundcloud Widget
- Video Widget
- Slider Widget
- Post List Widget
- One Post Widget
- Advertisement Widget
- WP Instagram Widget